A Brow or Forehead lift is a longer-term solution to improve frown lines, forehead wrinkles, and sagging brows. It is a surgical procedure that can be combined with other treatments including Blepharoplasty.
A Brow or Forehead lift is a longer-term solution to improve frown lines, forehead wrinkles, and sagging brows. It also improves wrinkles between the upper eyelids and the forehead. Brow or forehead lift is a surgical procedure that can be combined with other treatments, including Blepharoplasty.
A brow lift removes the muscles and skin that cause signs of aging. The surgery can be done with other procedures like eyelid surgery, nose reshaping, or a facelift.
You will be awake and given local anesthesia, so you do not feel pain. General anesthesia can also be used in some cases. You will feel the stretching of the forehead skin and perhaps some discomfit. The procedure is performed to help with the following:
- Furrows between the eyes
- Wrinkles on the forehead
- Sagging brows
- Tissues that hang down at the outer parts of the eyelids
- Seeing problems because of aging tissues
Generally, the surgery is done on people in their 40s to 60s to slow the effects of aging. It can also help those with conditions such as furrowed lines above the nose or droopy eyebrows.
The procedure during the surgery includes:
- Section of hair is held away and trimmed.
- A surgical incision is made at the ear level. The cut will continue across the top of the forehead at the hairline.
- The cut may be made in the middle of the scalp if you are balding. This incision avoids a visible scar.
- You may have the surgery using an endoscope, and dissolvable implants may be used to hold the skin in place.
- After the excess tissue is removed, the cut is closed with stitches or staples. We will dress the wounds and ensure the scalp skin is not irritated.
The procedure takes one to two hours to perform and is performed in the office.
The procedure takes between one and two hours to perform and is performed in the office.